You want to use 2 cellular plans on your iphone ? Use an eSIM. It is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular plan from your carrier without having to use a physical nano-SIM.
You can use Dual SIM for:
- Use one number for business and another number for personal calls.
- Add a local data plan when you travel outside of the country or region.
- Have separate voice and data plans.
Both of your phone numbers can make and receive voice calls and send and receive SMS and MMS. Your iPhone can use one cellular data network at a time.
- An iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR with iOS 12.1 or later
- A QR code or a carrier app
- In India only Airtel and Reliance Jio offers eSim
For Airtel users
- “esim <registered email id>” to 121
- You will receive sms from customer care immediately asking for confirmation and to reply “1” to confirm
- You will receive one more sms with confirmation and you will get an automated call. Follow the instructions
- Once confirmed, you will receive an email to registered email id with a QR code
- follow the below instructions given below to activate eSIM:
- Now you can replace the physical sim with other cellular network sim
a. Go to Settings on the iPhone and click on Mobile Data
b. Click on Add Data Plan and Scan the QR code received on your Email ID
c. Click on Add Data Plan
d. Rename Data Plan Label for Secondary Sim or click on Continue
e. Choose the Default Line (Primary / Secondary) for the iPhone and click on Done
Please Note, eSIM will be activated in 2 hrs post QR code scanning. Please do not delete the eSIM profile by selecting “Remove Data Plan” option from your handset settings.
Note : eSIM on iPhone is not offered in China mainland. In Hong Kong and Macau, only iPhone XS features eSIM.